Terms & Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) set forth the conditions governing your
use of the Shago Mobile/POS Application (Shago App). By downloading the Shago App and using
the service, you (the User/Agent) agree to be bound to the terms of this Agreement.
- 1. Description of the Service: You may use the Shago App to complete the digitally enabled
products such as bill payments, ecommerce, product listing e.t.c. More products may be
added to the Shago App from time to time.
- 2. Enrolment: Upon completing the download of the Shago App, you will be required to
provide some of your personal data for your security. You will also be required to
complete and submit a guarantor’s form and any other documentation required for
our record. By using the Shago App you represent that the information provided is true.
- 3. Security Procedures: You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your
Shago App and for any unauthorized use of your Device to access the service. You agree
to lock your Shago App with a password and transaction pin whenever it is not in use so
that your personal information is not accessible to others. Also, you agree to notify us
immediately in the event you become aware of any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of the
Shago App or your Mobile Device.
- 4. Availability and Reversals: Once you have initiated a successful transaction via the
Shago App, you will not be able to reverse the transaction. It is your responsibility to
correctly enter all transaction information into the Shago App, including transaction
amounts. There may be events during which our services will be unavailable. This may be
due to factors such as scheduled maintenance or interruption from the service provider.
- 5. Principal Agent and its Sub-Accounts Feature: This feature which is referred to as the
“Principal-Agent and Sub-Account” feature enables the Principal-Agent who
owns multiple outlets to create sub-accounts for the purpose of monitoring transactions
across their outlets (“Sub-Account Users”). By using this feature, you agree
- i. Each user of a sub-account represents you, and as such you have records and personal
data of each sub-account user within your possession;
- ii. You accept and shall take responsibility for all acts and omissions including damages
and liabilities incurred by Users of any sub-account which you create.
- 6. Shago POS Device: Upon your acquisition of the Shago POS for use, from Shago Payments
Limited (“the company”), you will be expected to meet the company’s
required minimum daily transaction sales of ₦50,000.
NB: In the event of failure to consistently reach the required turnover
within two (2) months of acquiring the POS, the company has the right to terminate this
Agreement and immediately retrieve the POS.
- 7. Data Privacy and User Information: You acknowledge that in connection with the use of
the Shago App, Shago and it’s service providers may receive names, domain names,
addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, message contents, data files and
other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with the
Shago App (User Information). Shago and it’s service providers will maintain and
reasonably safeguard the information from unauthorized disclosure or use.
- 8. Restrictions on Use: You are not to use the Shago App in or for any illegal, fraudulent,
unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and agree that the Shago App will only be
used in a manner that complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations including
all applicable state, federal and international internet, data, telecommunications,
telemarketing, “spam”, and import/ export laws and regulations. Without
limitation, you agree that you will not
- i. Violate the privacy rights of third parties, any third party’s intellectual
property rights, rights of publicity, privacy or confidentiality, or the rights or legal
obligations of any service provider or any of its clients or subscribers;
- ii. Disseminate material or data that is illegal, or of such nature that is harassing,
harmful, coercive, defamatory, libellous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise
- iii. Disseminate any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
- iv. Disseminate any material that would expose Shago, the Bank or any third-party service
provider involved in providing the Services, or any other third party to liability.
Further to the above, you agree that you will not attempt to:
- a. Access any software or services for which your use has not been authorized; or
- b. Use or attempt to use a third party’s account or
- c. Interfere in any manner with the provision of the Services or the Software, the security
of the Shago App or other customers that use the service or
- d. Disclose third party data to any person or utilize the data for any purpose except for
the performance of the service and use reasonable means to ensure that unauthorized
persons do not have access to such personal data; or
- e. Otherwise abuse the service or the Shago App.
- 9. Money Laundering and Terrorism Prohibition: You hereby agree to comply with the
anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism regulations; and anti-corruption laws including
but not limited to the Central Bank of Nigeria (Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the
Financing of Terrorism in Banks and other Financial Institutions in Nigeria) Regulations
2013, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment, etc) Act 2004; Corrupt
Practices and Other Related Offences Cap C31 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 204;
Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011 and Terrorism (Prevention) Act 2011.
- 10. Indemnification: You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold Shago, its employees,
agents and affiliates harmless from and against any claim, expense, liability, cost,
loss or damage (including the cost of dispute resolution) caused directly or indirectly
by your failure to comply with the terms of the agreement, your breach of representation
or warranty, your failure to maintain the security of your mobile device and your
negligence or international acts or omission in utilizing the service and your violation
of any applicable law, statute, or regulation relating to your use of the service.
- 11. Limitation of liability: You agree that to the extent not prohibited by applicable law,
shago shall not be liable for any direct or indirect incident, consequential or
exemplary damages for loss of profits, data or other losses resulting from the use or
the inability to use the service incurred by you or any third party arising from or
related to the use or inability to use, or the termination of the use of the Shago App,
regardless of the form of action or claim (whether contract, tort, strict liability or
otherwise), even if we have been informed of the possibility thereof. In addition to the
above, we shall not be liable for the inability to use the service or losses caused by
events such as fires, flood, earthquakes, epidemics, unavailability of necessary
utilities, strikes, blackouts, natural disasters and acts of regulatory agencies.
- 12. Disclaimer of Warranties: You agree that your use of the services and all information
and content (including that of third parties) is at your own risk and is provided
“as-it-is” and as available basis. We disclaim all warranties of any kind as
to the use of Shago App, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the
implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and
non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Shago App: (i) will meet your
requirements, (ii) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the
result that may be obtained from the service will be accurate or reliable, and (iv) any
error in the service or technology will be corrected.
- 13. Intellectual Property: This Agreement does not transfer to you any ownership or
proprietary right in the Shago App or any associated content, technology, Software or
any part thereof. Shago retains all intellectual property rights, title and interest in
and to the Shago App and any associated content, technology, and software. Neither you
nor any user you authorize will use the Shago App in any manner or for any property
rights in the Shago App or contradict our business interest.
- 14. Acceptance of Agreement and Amendment: Your use of the Shago App constitutes your
acceptance of this agreement and other amendments that may be made from time to time. We
will notify you of any material change to the agreement by providing a link to the
revised agreement. Such amendments shall become effective upon your receipt of the
notice. If a change is made for security purposes, we may implement the changes without
prior notice to you. If you do not agree with the change, you may discontinue using the
service. However, your continued use of the services will indicate your acceptance of
the agreement to any changes with the service.
- 15. Legal Rights for events of fraud, security breach or related conduct: In the event of
your participation or suspicion thereof in activities such as fraud, security breach,
misuse of the Shago App and other prohibited activities specified in clauses 6 and 7
above, we shall be entitled to take all preventive or corrective action permitted under
the law not limited to the restriction of your access to the service, blacklisting or
otherwise freezing the BVN provided, making formal reports to Economic and Financial
Crime Commission (EFFC), The Nigerian Police Force (NPF) and other relevant security and
regulatory authorities, or otherwise commence legal action in a competent court. Further
to the above you hereby grant us authority to investigate, report, or take other actions
as may be necessary to prevent or resolve the event described above and to recover the
affected funds or other properties.
- 16. Insurance: We do not provide insurance coverage for the safety of your personal effects,
losses caused by fraud or security breach hence, you shall be solely responsible for
obtaining all insurance policies as you deem fit.
- 17. Premium Services: If you meet certain conditions, you will be entitled to the premium
service on the App. You hereby undertake that there shall be a prompt settlement of the
service as agreed by you. You will also comply with all relevant regulations including
terms stipulated in this agreement or in other agreements which you execute with us and
act in good faith at all times. The rule regulating this service may be reviewed or
updated from time to time and shall include rules laid down by us, applicable financial
institutions and regulatory authorities. It is your responsibility as a recipient of
these services to stay informed on all reviews or update that may apply to you. In the
event of a default in the use of this service received, we shall be entitled to take all
legal actions as we deem fit including reporting you to/engaging the services of
- 18. Privacy of Contract: The terms of this agreement apply to you as a user only and any
person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no right by law or otherwise to
enforce any of its terms.
- 19. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution: Subject to clause 14 above, this agreement, and
your rights and our obligations under this agreement, are governed by and interpreted
according to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Any dispute that arises from
the use of the service shall be resolved by direct consultation between the parties. If
the parties remain dissatisfied, the dispute shall be referred to arbitration, to be
presided over by a sole arbitrator and the proceedings shall be coordinated under the
Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Cap A18, Law of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 and
the Rules thereunder.
- 20. Miscellaneous: We may waive enforcement of any provision of this agreement. Any such
waiver shall not affect our rights concerning any other transaction to modify the terms
of this agreement. No waiver of any breach of this agreement shall constitute a waiver
of any prior or subsequent breach of this agreement held to be unenforceable or invalid
by any court or regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction. The validity and
enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, and in place of such
invalid or unenforceable provision, there shall be added automatically as part of this
Agreement or make provision as similar in terms as may be valid and enforceable, if
- 21. Termination: You can opt-out of the service by deleting and uninstalling the Shago App
from your mobile device. Where you have received any of our properties including
signages or banners, such items shall be returned to us within fourteen (14) days of
termination. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact
us on 09090000448, 09090000844.